Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our Wedding

Despite the hurricane forced winds that knocked out 75% of the city's power for almost 2 weeks, a great time was had by all! Because of the wind storm, his mom, dad, and brother stayed with us in our one bedroom (and 1 bathroom) apartment. We gave his mom and dad the bedroom, Alan and I slept on the air mattress, and Brian slept on the couch. It was a little cramped until we found them an apartment (our complex rents out furnished apartments) and moved them in when Angie got into town. At one point we had 7 people for dinner in our place! Needless to say we didn't all fit around the kitchen table! But we had a great time!



Thursday was the rehersal and then dinner at El Tarasco's, which was awesome! The food and the live music and singing was great! We gave our gifts and then Alan told everyone that we were going to do the Louisville Ironman in Aug. 2009! People were amazed and surprised! And speaking of surprises...Alan surprised me with a new Trek bike!!! I am in love!



Friday morning was exciting, I went over to grandma and grandpa's house to pick up Andy and Megan so that we could meet up with Emily, Jenny, and my mom to go get our hair done. After that we came back to mom and dad's house and got ready. I helped the girls get dressed and then we went up to the church. Emily helped me get changed into my dress and then the photos began!










St. Gabriel was beautiful, the sun was shinning on the stained glass windows and a cool breeze blew through the doors. We greeted everyone as they came in (which they were all surprised at!) The cermony went great, except for the fact that I couldn't get Alan's ring on! I looked at Fr. John like "what do I do?" And he just looked back at me like "I don't know?" No worries, I finally got the ring on and everyone laughed! By the end of the cermony, the sun had set and everything took on a magical feel.

The reception at the Olmsted was wonderful, lots of dancing, funny toasts, laughing, hugging, and enjoying in the special day! Our dance went off perfectly, everyone asked how long we had been practicing, we told them we had just made it up! And thats the truth! The party ended around 12:30am and a friend took us back to our place. Where we slept on a new mattress, another suprise from Alan :)

Satursday afternoon we went over to my mom and dad's and had sandwiches, opened gifts, and played corn hole. Then my aunt and uncle took us to the airport and the honeymoon began!

More pictures to come from the wedding and the honeymoon in Maine! Amor!









No comments: