Sunday, July 5, 2009

1/2 Way to the Finish Line!

For comparison in honor of the halfway mark: me at 7 weeks
Me at 20 weeks:
Goodbye Toes! Though I can still see you when I walk, so I will cherish the time I have left with you!

Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!

Our little turkey is half way there! And this week is a milestone week for us, we will hopefully find out Wednesday if we are having a son or a daughter. (This is the one and only time this child is allowed to flash anyone!) I have asked Alan many times before what he thought it was and he hasn't a clue. He still doesn't, but did say that he almost is hoping for a girl because he knows what he was like! Either way, as long as its healthy I will be happy. I will update again once we know, but for now I thought it would be fun to answer some of the old wives tales about if its a boy or girl. So here is goes:

  • If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you'll have a boy. Right side? A girl. I like sleeping on my right, so girl

  • Extreme nausea means you are having a girl. Not extreme, so boy.

  • If your hands are dry, you are having a boy; soft -- expect a girl. Mine are usually dry, so doesn't count?

  • If you're craving citrus, you're having a girl. Loving some o.j. so girl

  • If your skin breaks out, expect a girl. yes especially in the 1st trimester, so girl

  • If you feel graceful during pregnancy, you'll have a girl. Clumsy? It's a boy. Defiantly a boy!

  • If you gain weight in your face, it means you're having a girl. I don't think I have so no, boy.

  • Craving salt? Expect a boy. A little something sweet? You're having a girl. Both? But mostly salt, so we will go with boy

  • If your right breast is larger than the left, you are having a girl. If the left is larger, a boy. *dies laughing and consults Alan...* Left, Alan says so girl :)

  • Feeling extremely moody? Expect a girl. yes off and on, more so in the 1st tri, so we will go with girl

  • If baby is low, expect a boy. High, it's a girl. I have a short torso anyway, so this kid is all over the place.

  • If you're carrying in front, it's a boy. All around your middle? A girl. My sisters have all agreed that its all in front, so boy.

So the winner of the old wives tale is: a tie! haha :) We had a 50/50 shot anyway!

Will update again after we find out!

No comments: