Friday, November 4, 2011

Preparing for Winter

It's that time of year again where I study the forecast for the upcoming weekends to figure out just how many 'nice' weekends we have left before old man winter sets in. Looking at our forecast here, our weekends are limited. This weekend looks to be the best with sun and temps in the mid 60's so its game on for fall cleaning!
I've searched the internet for a fall cleaning list and haven't found a complete one, so here is our personal list:


  1. Check the attic for leaks
  2. Check the caulking and weather seals around doors and windows
  3. Rake leaves...again
  4. Mow the yard - hopefully this will be the last time!
  5. Clean gutters
  6. Clean grill
  7. Clean and store patio furniture
  8. Wash and wax van
  9. Drain and store water hoses
  10. Hang Christmas lights - no we won't be turning them on until after Thanksgiving, but its better to hang them now than when its 30* degrees!
  11. Wash window - I hate this one!
  12. Clean out and behind fridge
  13. Defrost deep freezer
  14. Wash all bedding, rotate and flip mattress 
  15. Clean all trashcans 
  16. Scrub baseboards and walls - another task I dislike 
  17. Clean large toys like the exersaucer and highchair outside
  18. Clean fish tank
  19. Deep clean each room - I highly doubt that this will happen in each room over the weekend! 
  20. Declutter all closets 

Yeah, looking at this impressive list, fall cleaning will probably go through next week as well. Though I love a good challenge and geared up for our fall cleaning weekend. I've made meals in advanced, got a frozen pizza for dinner one night so cooking shouldn't be an issue. I'm ready to wake up early and go to bed exhausted, but I love the feeling of a clean house! 


No comments: