Sunday, April 19, 2009

Too many cookies or is there a baby in there? Week 9




What's Baby up to? The uterus is now a little bigger than a grapefruit and baby is the size of a green olive (1 to 1 1/4 inches) The arms and legs are longer. Hands are flexed at the wrist and meet over the heart area. The eyelids almost cover the eyes, the ears are well formed, and the baby starts moving its arms and legs. The baby looks more like a baby, rather than an alien. Just 3 more weeks until we are out of the first trimester! yay!

Changes in Momma: Ok, since we lost the "before picture" I found one from Florida. Comparing from then to now, what happened to my body??? From the 9 week picture above, looks like my pj pants are getting a little tight! Oh well, its for a good cause, right? The past week (week 8) was a rough week with morning/all day sickness. I'm feeling better so hopefully things will continue to improve and I can get my energy back! My boobs are still very sore. Cramping stopped at 7 weeks and sometimes every now and then. I was working out in the backyard planting some seeds and each time I stood up, I got very lightheaded and dizzy. I would have to stop and sit down each time I stood up, it was very annoying. Also, heat gets to me a lot quicker. It was 75* and felt sick while working out in the yard. I guess it could be that I am not used to the warmer weather yet...I hope so or its going to be a long summer!

How's Daddy? Amazing. Wonderful. Supportive. He told me the other day that he didn't think I needed to be out in the heat, it just wasn't good for me. He lets me sleep in on the weekends and take naps. He gives into my cravings, recently it was hot dogs. I know I am not supposed to have them, so we stopped at the store and got turkey dogs...yummy! He has also done all the grocery shopping since it makes me gag with all the smells. He gets very concerned if he doesn't think I'm eating enough. I give him a play by play of what I eat everyday. He tells me if I don't eat enough "our child will be born with one eye (or whatever body part is developing at the time)." He is so protective! He has also finished one of his books called "My Boys Can Swim" it was a hilarious book! He is currently reading "Be Prepared" such a good daddy :) I love him!

Favorite Foods: fruit, mashed potatoes, pizza, cottage cheese, turkey dogs, bacon.

What people are asking: Are you going to find out the gender? Yes, we have had enough surprises. What do you want? A healthy baby, secretly thinking its a boy :) Bets have already started on if its a girl or a boy. So far boy is winning.

What else is new? Not much, working on the house, the kitchen is almost finished! Working on the ceiling. Next up is painting the bathrooms and then the two extra bedrooms.

No comments: