Monday, May 25, 2009

Birthday, Graduation, and Baby Vaesa Update




We celebrated Emily and Dad's birthdays this past Saturday with steaks on the grill, baked potatoes, green beans, and my creative cake!

My youngest sister, Jenny graduated from High School last week, can't believe she is starting college!

Baby Vaesa this week: is the size of a lemon and can suck its thumb, wiggling its toes, and making urine and breathing the amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.






Momma: has my energy back! So much so that I might be doing too much and baby let me know it yesterday! I worked out in the yard planting some plants, but got way to hot (and very humid) so came in and started unpacking boxes that are still in the basement. I organized our new pantry that Alan built, worked on rearranging the other cabinets, went to Target and Lowes, and tried to help Alan with the bathroom remodel, but the its a very small room and the paint got to me. By 8pm my lower adomen started cramping, so I stoped and took it easy for the rest of the night. I read in a book where the cramping can be growing pains as the uterus grows.

Daddy: has been busy this weekend remodeling the full bathroom, mudding up the walls, sanding the walls, more mud, more sanding, painting (the heavy cream color that is in the kitchen and hallway) and he got the toliet back in and the sink in the bathroom (the sink isn't hooked up yet and Alan is at the fire department today, so looks like it will be a few days before we get the sink working). Alan has come up with a good idea for the nursey, painting a chalkboard above the changing table so we can keep track of how many times he/she pees and poops! Love it!

No comments: