Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Last day as a 'single mom'

So today is the last day of the hubbs' EMT class. Since Nov. he has been at EMT class Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-10. He is also at fire training on Tuesdays from 6- at least 10pm and sometimes later. And this is all on top of his full time job, where he leaves the homestead at 7am. He tries his best to come home for lunch, but if he doesn't get to then we don't see him until 11pm. That's 16 hours. Now, don't get me wrong, I am sooo proud of him! I honestly don't know how he can keep going like that, he puts the Energizer Bunny to shame!

But its been hard on me to watch him leave every morning, knowing that he won't be home until late. I try to juggle working from home, keeping the home standing, and raising Benjamin. I've gotten used to it, since its all I've known since Benjamin was born. So I am a little curious and excited how our lives are about to change with him being home more. We will actually have a bedtime routine for Benjamin, since M-W evenings we are normally at my parent's house. If it weren't for family I would have gone crazy a long time ago and probably starved to death. (thanks family for all the dinners and helping out with the babe!)

So after today, he will just have fire training on Tuesday nights! I am picturing in my head that hubbs will be able to take over the evening duties and I can work or *gasp* be able to go running! I am sure that it will be an adjustment, but looking forward to seeing and talking to my wonderful, amazing husband!

And honey, if you are reading this, I am sooo proud of you! You continuously amaze me!



No comments: